Effective from February 1, 2023
Mentor Match is an education technology app/website that helps middle school students, high school students, and aspirants for competitive exams (“Learner”) connect instantly with expert mentors and tutors (“Mentor”) through a one-on-one video (“Session”) call to solve doubts in a specific domain or subject. A written solution for the doubts is shared with the students after the video call ends. Mentor Match bridges the gap by connecting learners with mentors and helps students complete chapter revisions, solve doubts, their syllabus, provides study tricks and tips, gives ten minute concept explanations, and conducts live classes. (“Services”).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register to use our Website or App, we collect personal information (also referred to as personally identifiable information or “PII”) which may include your name, address, online contact information such as your email address, screen name, driver’s license or other identification documents, education related information (including but not limited to your ongoing and completed degrees, diplomas and courses) or username, phone number, and other personal information. The information so collected will be stored on our servers. You are able to change your personal information via email by contacting us at [email protected] or through your profile or account settings on our Website or App.
- Geolocation: We may collect information that does not personally identify you such as your geolocation.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- At registration on our Website or App;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website or App;
- Through mobile and desktop applications your downloads from our Website or App, which provides dedicated non-browser based interaction between you and our Website or App;
- From you placing an order, which includes details of transactions you carry out on our Website or App;
- When you subscribe to a newsletter;
- From forms or surveys filled out by you;
- From records or copies of correspondences (including email addresses) if you contact us; and
- From search queries on our Website or App.
We also collect information about your usage details automatically when you navigate through our Website or App in the following ways:
- Usage details;
- Information obtained through browser cookies; and
- Information obtained through flash cookie
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information that you provide to:
- Personalize your experience in using our Website or App;
- Present our Website and App and their contents to you;
- Provide you with notices about account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- Notify you about changes to our Website and App and any products or services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and App;
- Improve the Website and App;
- Improve our customer service;
- Administer contests, promotions, and surveys or other Website and App features;
- Process transactions;
- Contact you about our products and services that may be of interest;
- Anonymize and aggregate data for statistics to improve customer experience;
- Send you periodic emails, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as detailed in Section 14, via the email address provided by you to (i) send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions; (ii) process questions and send information and updates pertaining to such questions; (iii) send additional information related to your question.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Our Website is reasonably scanned to meet or exceed PCI Compliance. Our Website receives regular security scans, malware scans, and penetration tests. We require username and passwords for our employees who can access your personal information that we store and/or process on our App and servers. In addition, we actively prevent third parties from getting access to your personal information that we store and/or process on our App and servers. We accept payment by credit card through a third party credit card processor on our behalf. We will implement reasonable security measures every time you (a) place an order, or (b) enter, submit, or access your information, (c) register on our webpage or (d) access our App.
DATA SECURITY MEASURES.
- Security Measures. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls in an encrypted form. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website or App.
- Fair Information Practice Principles. In the event of a personal data breach, we will notify you within fifteen (15) days via (i) email and/or (ii) our Platform notification system on our Website and/or App. We agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
- Open-Source Software: We use the following open-source software in the provision of our Products and Services, which can be found here.
- Visibility of your Information: Tutors and Mentors (as defined in our Terms of Service) have no access to your personal information unless you specifically consent to it.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are times when we may share Personal Information that you have shared with us may be shared by Mentor Match with others to enable us to provide you over Services, including contractors, service providers, and third parties (“Partners”). This section discusses only how Mentor Match may share such information with Partners. We will ensure that our Partners protect your Personal Information. The following describe how and with whom we may share your Personal Information:
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We disclose personal information to contractors, services providers and other third parties. We require all contractors, service providers, and other third parties to whom we disclose your personal information to be under contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose them.
- We may disclose personal information in the event of a merger, sale of business, etc.
Other Disclosure of Personal Information.
Third Party Disclosure.
- We do not sell, trade, rent, or otherwise transfer personal information to others, unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include our hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We do not provide non-personally identifiable visitor information for marketing purposes.
Choices Users Have About How Mentor Match Uses and Discloses Information.
- Disclosure of Users’ Information for Third-Party Advertising. Users can opt-out by (i) checking the relevant form when we collect the data, (ii) logging into the Website or App and adjusting their preferences in their account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or, (iii) emailing us their opt-out request at [email protected] Users receiving promotional email can opt-out by sending a return email requesting to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out will not apply to information provided by Mentor Match for services availed, warranty registration, or other transactions.
- Disclosure of User’s Information for Targeted Advertising. Users can opt-out by (i) checking the relevant form when we collect the data, (ii) logging into the Website or App and adjusting their preferences in their account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or (iii) emailing us their opt-out request at [email protected]
GOOGLE ADSENSE AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
We currently have not implemented advertising features on our Website and App. We will let you know if we update you in this future.
We use these Cookies to compile data regarding User interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
FOR OUR CANADIAN USERS
- Definition of Personal Information. Any information about an identifiable individual. Whatever may be the physical form or characteristics of a particular regime for “business contact information” (name, position, title, address, professional phone number, etc.)
- Right to Access Personal Information. You can request to access your personal information we hold about you. We will first confirm whether you have requested such information, explain how we have used your information, provide a list of names with whom your information has been shared and provide a copy of your information in an accessible format and make alternative formats available if requested.
- Right to Correction/Limited Right to Deletion. You can request us to correct or delete your information IF you demonstrate that the personal information we hold on you is inaccurate. We will delete or correct your information within thirty (30) calendar days. When we delete/correct your personal information we will inform the third parties with whom we have shared your information.
- Right to be Forgotten. Your information will be kept with us for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purposes of Platform, Website, and App. Unless we otherwise give you notice, we will retain your Information on the Platform, Website, and App on your behalf until such times as you or we terminate your User Account.
- Data Breach Notification. We will send a notification to you as soon as feasible regarding the information of any breach that creates a “real risk of significant harm” to you. We keep a record of every data breach and, on request, provide the Office of the Privacy Commissioner with access to the record.
- Canadian Privacy Officer. We have appointed a Canadian Privacy and Data Protection Officer, Tanzeel Ur Rehman, at [email protected], to make sure the privacy rights of our Canadian users are protected in compliance with PIPEDA.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Mentor Match does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your “Personal Information” as the term is defined under the California Civil Code Section § 1798.82(h). Additionally, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request for such disclosure, or identification and/or deletion of Personal Information in all our systems that we store on you, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at Mentor Match Private Limited, Tirupathi Apartments, Apt.No.K, Ground Floor, No.51/22, Venus Colony 2nd Street, Alwarpet, Chennai-600018.
Note that (i) if we delete your Personal Information as requested, we will no longer be able to provide our services to you and (ii) we may need to keep such Personal Information for a while during the shutting down and billing process. If you would like to discuss our Personal Information storage and processing process with us, please send us an email at [email protected] or write us at Mentor Match Private Limited, Tirupathi Apartments, Apt.No.K, Ground Floor, No.51/22, Venus Colony 2nd Street, Alwarpet, Chennai-600018.
COPPA COMPLIANCE (FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 USERS ONLY)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) is a federal legislation that applies to entities that collect and store “Personal Information,” as the term is defined under COPPA, from children under the age of 13. We are committed to ensure compliance with COPPA. Our Website is not meant for use by children under the age of 13. Our Website, App, and Platform do not target children under the age of 13, but we do not age-screen or otherwise prevent the collection, use, and personal disclosure of persons identified as under 13. If you would like to know more about our practices and specifically our practices in relation to COPPA compliance, please email us at [email protected]
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITE.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CANNOT ACCESS OUR WEBSITE ON YOUR OWN AND NEED PARENTAL OR A GUARDIAN’S CONSENT FOR THE SAME. MINORS MAY ONLY ACCESS OUR SERVICES THROUGH THEIR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN’S ACCOUNTS AND IN NO OTHER WAY.
AS THE PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO ANY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU CONSENT ON BEHALF OF YOUR MINOR CHILD’S USE OF OUR WEBSITE, APP, AND PLATFORM.
CAN-SPAM ACT OF 2003
The CAN-SPAM Act establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have businesses stop emailing them, and spells out penalties for violations. Per the CAN-SPAM Act, we will:
- not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- identify the email message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- include the physical address of Mentor Match Private Limited., which is Tirupathi Apartments, Apt.No.K, Ground Floor, No.51/22, Venus Colony 2nd Street, Alwarpet, Chennai-600018;
- monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- give an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” option.
If you wish to opt out of email marketing, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or contact us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from all future marketing correspondences.
You acknowledge that our Website, App, and Platform may contain information which is designated confidential by us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent. Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities or unless it is necessary for us to do so to provide you with our services and products.WE WILL NOT SELL, SHARE, OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY OR USE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED MAIL. ANY EMAILS SENT BY US WILL ONLY BE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROVISION OF AGREED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS.
LIST OF THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Name of Third-Party Service Provider Contact Information RazorPay Software Private Limited Physical Address: 1st Floor, SJR Cyber, 22 Laskar Hosur Road, Adugodi, Bengaluru, 560030, Karnataka, India Website link: https://razorpay.com/support/ Microsoft Azure Website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ Address: 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 - 6399 Agora Website: https://www.agora.io/en/talk-to-us/
Address: 2804 Mission College Blvd. Santa Clara, CA, USA 95054
Phone: (408) 879-5885
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about our third-party service providers, please email us at [email protected]
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT/DMCA NOTICE
If you believe that any content on our Website violates your copyright, and you wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA Takedown Notice”)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our Website that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- Sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
Mentor Match’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is Rohit Raheja, at [email protected], and at Mentor Match Private Limited Attn: DMCA Notice Tirupathi Apartments, Apt.No.K, Ground Floor, No.51/22, Venus Colony 2nd Street, Alwarpet, Chennai-600018. You acknowledge that for us to be authorized to take down any content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all the requirements of this Section. Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by Mentor Match in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Privacy Officer: Rohit Raheja
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Mentor Match Private Limited, Tirupathi Apartments, Apt.No.K, Ground Floor, No.51/22, Venus Colony 2nd Street, Alwarpet, Chennai-600018.